Jakarta: The Indonesian government condemned Sunday's bomb attack on a Roman Chatolic cathedral in the southern Philippine island of Jolo that killed at least 21 people.
"Indonesia condemns the terror attack in Jolo Island, Southern Philippines on 27 January 2019 that resulted in numerous deaths and injuries of innocent people," the Foreign Ministry said in a written statement received by Medcom.id.
"Indonesia expresses its deepest condolences and sympathy to the victims and their families and to the Government of the Philippines," it said.
Indonesia is confident that Philippine authorities will find the perpetrator of this terror act and will punish them in accordance to the law. The Indonesian Consulate General in Davao City, Southern Philippines continues to closely follow the development and is coordinating with local security authorities and hospitals.
"So far there has been no information of Indonesian victims injured or killed in the incident," it said.
"Those who are in need of urgent consular assistance should contact the Consulate General's Hotline at: +639662455472; +639977307179," it said.?