Jakarta: The General Elections Commission (KPU) is still preparing questions that will be asked during the second presidential election debate.
"We will gather recommendations from academics and experts. We then will meet with the panelists and moderators," KPU chairman Arief Budiman told reporters on Friday, February 8, 2019.
The second debate will take place at Sultan Hotel in Central Jakarta on February 17. The questions will focus on infrastructure, natural resources, environment, agriculture and energy.
KPU earlier picked anchors Anisa Dashuki and Tommy Tjokro as the moderators of the second debate. The agency then announced eight people as the members of the panel.
The eight panelists are:
1. Sepuluh Nopember Institute of Technology(ITS) rector Prof. Ir. Joni Hermana, M.Sc.ES., Ph.D
2. IPB University rector Dr. Arif Satria
3. Prof. Dr. Ir. Irwandy Arif, M. Sc (Mining expert from Bandung Institute of Technology)
4. Ahmad Agustiawan ST M.Sc.Ph.D (Energy expert from Gadjah Mada University)
5. Sudharto P Hadi (Environment expert from Diponegoro University)
6. Dr. Suparto Wijoyo S.H., M.Hum (Environmental law expert from Airlangga University)
7. The Indonesian Forum for Environment (Walhi) executive director Nur Hidayati
8. Agrarian Development Consortium (KPA) secretary general Dewi Kartika