Jakarta: President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo appointed former Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs Wiranto to lead the Presidential Advisory Council (Wantimpres). He believes the retired Army general has a lot of experience.
"The appointment was based on his experience and track record," President Jokowi here on Friday, December 13, 2019.
"He was used to resolve a wide range of issues," the former Jakarta governor added.
The appointment of the nine Wantimpres members was based on Presidential Decree Number 137 of 2019 concerning Appointment of Membership in the Wantimpres for the 2019-2024 period. The inauguration was held at the State Palace, Jakarta on Friday, December 13, 2019.
They consisted of politicians, businessmen, former Ministers of the Working Cabinet, and religious leaders. After reading the Presidential Decree, Jokowi guided the President's advisors to take an oath of office under their respective holy books.
Here are the names of the nine members of the Presidential Advisory Council for the 2019-2024 period:
1. Former Coordinating Minister for Politics, Law and Security Wiranto
2. Member of the 2014-2019 Wantimpres Sidarto Danusubroto
3. Senior Party of Functional Groups (Golkar) politician Agung Laksono
4. President Commissioner of PT Mustika Ratu Putri Kuswisnu Wardhani
5. Owner of Medco Group Arifin Panigoro
6. Mayapada founder Dato Sri Tahir
7. Senior United Development Party (PPP) politician Mardiono
8. Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) figure Maulana Al-Habib Muhammad Lutfi bin Ali bin Yahya alias Habib Luthfi
9. Former East Java Governor Soekarwo.