Jakarta: President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) installed nine members of the National Police Commission (Kompolnas) for the 2020-2024 term here on Wednesday.
The appointment of the nine Kompolnas members is in accordance with Presidential Decree (Keppres) No. 54/M of 2020 on Dismissal and Appointment of Membership of the Indonesian National Police Commission, dated August 11, 2020.
They also took the oath of office under the guidance of President Jokowi.
After taking the pledge, President Jokowi, Vice President Ma'ruf Amin, and a limited number of invited guests congratulated Kompolnas members while maintaining a safe required distance and without shaking hands.
The nine newly installed members of the Commission are: 1. Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal, and Security Affairs Mahfud MD, as chairman and member representing the government.
2. Minister of Home Affairs Tito Karnavian, as member representing the government.
3. Minister of Law and Human Rights Yasonna H. Laoly, as member representing the government.
4. Benny Joshua Mamoto, as member representing police experts.
5. Pudji Hartanto Iskandar, as member representing police experts.
6. Albertus Wahyurudhanto, as member representing police experts.
7. Yusuf, as a member representing community leaders.
8. Muhammad Dawam, as member representing community leaders.
9. Poengky Indarti, as member representing community leaders.
Kompolnas is a national police institution domiciled under and accountable to the president.
In line with Law Number 2 of 2002 on the Police, duties of the National Police encompass assisting the head of state in determining the policy direction of the Indonesian National Police and giving consideration to the president during the appointment and dismissal of the National police chief.
President Jokowi selected three people from the police force and three from community leaders out of the 12 candidate names for Kompolnas chosen by the selection committee. (antara)