Jakarta: NasDem Party Secretary General Johnny G Plate said that all faction of the House of Representatives (DPR) agreed on the organizational structure of the DPR complementary organs.
“All factions agreed on the proportional distribution of the leadership posts. The agreement was reached through discussion instead of voting," Johnny said here on Monday, October 21, 2019.
Johnny said that all complementary organs are strategic and important. He explained that the complementary organs will coordinate with related government agencies.
“What matters is participation of commission members. It is much more important in the decision-making process.” said Johnny.
Previously, the organizational structure was discussed at the consultation meeting, where it was decided that there would be 11 commissions and six bodies.
According to DPR Speaker Puan Maharani, each committee consists of one chairman and 4 vice-chairman. In total, there are 17 chairpersons and 66 vice-chairpersons.
The distribution is as follows:
1. The Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDIP) will lead Commission III, IV, V and Budget Committee.
2. The Functional Groups (Golkar) Party will lead Commission I, II, XI.
3. The Great Indonesia Movement (Gerindra) Party will lead Legislative Committee and Inter-Parliamentary Cooperation Committee.
4. NasDem Party will lead Commission VII and IX.
5. The National Awakening Party (PKB) will lead Commission VI and X.
6. Democratic Party will lead Household Committee and State Financial Accountability Committee.
7. The Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) will lead Ethics Committee.
8. The National Mandate Party (PAN) will lead Commission VIII.
9. The United Development Party (PPP) will receive four vice-chairperson posts. (Translator: Muhammad Gestinev)