Jakarta: President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo installed nine members of the Presidential Advisory Council (Wantimpres) for 2019-2024. Former Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs Wiranto, was appointed as Chair of the Presidential Advisory Council.
The inauguration was held at the State Palace, Jakarta on Friday, December 13, 2019. The appointment of the nine Wantimpres members was based on Presidential Decree Number 137 of 2019 concerning Appointment of Membership in the Wantimpres for the 2019-2024 period.
They consisted of politicians, businessmen, former Ministers of the Working Cabinet, and religious leaders. After reading the Presidential Decree, Jokowi guided the President's advisors to take an oath of office under their respective holy books.
Here are the names of the nine members of the Presidential Conference for the 2019-2024 period:
1. Former Coordinating Minister for Politics, Law and Security Wiranto
2. Member of the 2014-2019 Wantimpres Sidarto Danusubroto
3. Senior Party of Functional Groups (Golkar) politician Agung Laksono
4. President Commissioner of PT Mustika Ratu Putri Kuswisnu Wardhani
5. Owner of Medco Group Arifin Panigoro
6. Mayapada founder Dato Sri Tahir
7. Senior United Development Party (PPP) politician Mardiono
8. Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) figure Maulana Al-Habib Muhammad Lutfi bin Ali bin Yahya alias Habib Luthfi
9. Former East Java Governor Soekarwo.