Jakarta: The condition of residents around the observation site in Natuna is said to be calming down. There were no more residents protesting against the area being used as a coronavirus observation site.
"We see that the community has resumed their normal daily activities," said Director General of Disease Prevention and Control of the Ministry of Health, Anung Sugihantono in a teleconference video in the Ministry of Health, South Jakarta on Thursday, February 8, 2020.
Residents began to calm down after Defense Minister Prabowo Subianto visited Natuna residents on Wednesday, February 5, 2020. Prabowo's arrival had a good impact on the surrounding community.
Anung even ensured that community activities in the observation area returned to normal.
"It means that the community has returned to normal," he concluded.
A total of 237 Indonesians had been evacuated back to Indonesia. Currently they are in Natuna, Riau Islands to undergo an observation period of 14 days.
Noted, there are still seven Indonesian citizens in Wuhan, four of whom did not take part in the evacuation for family reasons. While three other people did not pass the health screening at Wuhan airport.
The three Indonesian citizens currently stay in their respective campus dormitories. Two people in Xianning, while one in Wuhan.