Jakarta: Political Observer Ujang Komarudin assessed that the position of Deputy Minister of State-Owned Enterprises (BUMN) did not need to be occupied by two individuals. According to him, it was wasteful and excessive.
"Having two Deputy Ministers of BUMN (Budi Gunadi Sadikin and Kartika Wirjoatmodjo) is redundant. Certainly, it will be a waste of the budget," Ujang said on Monday, October 28, 2019.
Ujang also considered that the Deputy Minister of Defense Wahyu Sakti Trenggono and the Deputy Minister of Trade Jerry Sambuaga were not suitable to fill their position. According to him, the track record of the two men had nothing to do with the position they were given.
"What is not suitable is also the result of the political compromise when it came to the party, peers, or individuals who contributed to President Joko Widodo's victory during Presidential Election," Ujang explained.
He evaluated that the deputy ministerial position was only to accommodate the parties that contributed to President Jokowi. They allegedly got a seat to look for projects.
President Jokowi inaugurated 12 deputy ministers on Friday, October 25, 2019. Here are the 12 deputy ministers in the Indonesia Onward Cabinet:
1. Deputy Minister of State-Owned Enterprises Budi Gunadi Sadikin
2. Deputy Minister of State-Owned Enterprises Kartika Wirjoatmodjo
3. Deputy Minister of Religious Affairs Zainut Tauhid
4. Deputy Minister of Tourism and Creative Economy Angela Tanoesoedibjo
5. Deputy Minister of Land And Spatial Planning Surya Tjandra
6. Deputy Minister of Public Works and Public Housing Wempi Wetipo
7. Deputy Minister of Defence Sakti Wahyu Trenggono
8. Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Mahendra Siregar
9. Deputy Minister of Environment and Forestry Alue Dohong
10. Deputy Minister of Villages, Disadvantaged Regions and Transmigration Budi Arie Setiadi
11. Deputy Minister of Trade Jerry Sambuaga
12. Deputy Minister of Finance Suahasil Nazara