- Bogor Mayor Bima Arya to Stay Neutral in Presidential Election
- Jokowi-Maruf Preparing Campaign Surprises
- 2019 Elections Will Still Use Manual Vote Counting: KPU
- Govt to Take Action against Hoaxes ahead of 2019 Elections
- PPP Always Passes Parliamentary Threshold: Party Official
- Presidential Debates May Take Place in Jakarta, Surabaya: KPU
- Anies Urged to Revoke 212 Reunion's Permit
- Presidential Debates Could be Held Outside Jakarta: KPU
- Ma'ruf Eyes Huge Victory in Lampung
- KPU Ready to Prevent Cyber Attacks during Elections
- Muhammadiyah Chairman Rejects Amien's Call to Take Sides in Elections
- Ma'ruf Amin Praises Raja Ampat's Tourism Sector
- Jokowi to Attend Campaign Rally in Lampung
- Army Will Stay Neutral in 2019 Elections:Andika
- New Jakarta Deputy Governor Should Understand Budget Management: PDIP
- Ma'ruf Amin Meets Moeldoko, Discusses Campaign Strategies
- KPU, President Jokowi to Discuss Preparation for 2019 Elections
- I was Offered to Join Prabowo's Campaign Team: Yusril
- PBB May Join Jokowi's Coalition: Ma'ruf
- Jokowi Praises Yusril's Professionalism
- Yusril to Serve as Jokowi-Ma'ruf's Lawyer
- PKS Politician Will Fill Jakarta Deputy Governor Seat: Gerindra
- Gerindra, PKS to Discuss Vacant Jakarta Deputy Governor Position
- PAN to Prepare Taufik Kurniawan's Replacement
- Jokowi is the Main Factor behind Santri Day: Ma'ruf
- 25 Regional Leaders in North Sumatra Will Support Jokowi: PDI Perjuangan
- Ma'ruf Meets Sultan Hamengkubuwono X in Yogyakarta
- 15 Ministers Included in Jokowi's Campaign Team
- Jokowi Welcomes Yenny Wahid's Endorsement
- Fadli Zon Says PKS Will Get Jakarta Vice Governor Position
Yenny Wahid Invited to Join Jokowi's Campaign Team
PKB politician Abdul Kadir Karding (Photo:MI/M Irfan)
Jakarta: PKB secretary general Abdul Kadir Karding on Wednesday urged former President Abdurrahman Wahid's daughter Yenny Wahid to join the Joko "Jokowi" Widodo-Ma'ruf Amin National Campaign Team.
"If she is willing to join the team, we will be very happy," the PKB politician said.
Yenny declared her support for the presidential candidate pair this afternoon. She decided to resign from her position as Wahid Institute director earlier this week.
"We want to have a leader who can realize social justice," Yenny said.
Colloquially known as Gus Dur, Wahid served as the fourth president from 1999 to 2001. He passed away at the age of 69 in December 2009.
A grandson of Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) founder, he was an influential cleric and politician in Indonesia. he was also one of the leading figures during Reformation era.
Indonesia will hold the first ever simultaneous general and presidential elections on April 17. Voters will elect the president and lawmakers on the same day.