- Bogor Mayor Bima Arya to Stay Neutral in Presidential Election
- Jokowi-Maruf Preparing Campaign Surprises
- 2019 Elections Will Still Use Manual Vote Counting: KPU
- Govt to Take Action against Hoaxes ahead of 2019 Elections
- PPP Always Passes Parliamentary Threshold: Party Official
- Presidential Debates May Take Place in Jakarta, Surabaya: KPU
- Anies Urged to Revoke 212 Reunion's Permit
- Presidential Debates Could be Held Outside Jakarta: KPU
- Ma'ruf Eyes Huge Victory in Lampung
- KPU Ready to Prevent Cyber Attacks during Elections
- Muhammadiyah Chairman Rejects Amien's Call to Take Sides in Elections
- Ma'ruf Amin Praises Raja Ampat's Tourism Sector
- Jokowi to Attend Campaign Rally in Lampung
- Army Will Stay Neutral in 2019 Elections:Andika
- New Jakarta Deputy Governor Should Understand Budget Management: PDIP
- Ma'ruf Amin Meets Moeldoko, Discusses Campaign Strategies
- KPU, President Jokowi to Discuss Preparation for 2019 Elections
- I was Offered to Join Prabowo's Campaign Team: Yusril
- PBB May Join Jokowi's Coalition: Ma'ruf
- Jokowi Praises Yusril's Professionalism
- Yusril to Serve as Jokowi-Ma'ruf's Lawyer
- PKS Politician Will Fill Jakarta Deputy Governor Seat: Gerindra
- Gerindra, PKS to Discuss Vacant Jakarta Deputy Governor Position
- PAN to Prepare Taufik Kurniawan's Replacement
- Jokowi is the Main Factor behind Santri Day: Ma'ruf
- 25 Regional Leaders in North Sumatra Will Support Jokowi: PDI Perjuangan
- Ma'ruf Meets Sultan Hamengkubuwono X in Yogyakarta
- 15 Ministers Included in Jokowi's Campaign Team
- Jokowi Welcomes Yenny Wahid's Endorsement
- Fadli Zon Says PKS Will Get Jakarta Vice Governor Position
Syaikhu Ready to Become New Jakarta Vice Governor
Ahmad Syaikhu (Photo:MI/Galih Pradipta)
Jakarta: Former Bekasi vice Mayor Ahmad Syaiku on Thursday reiterated his readiness to become the new Jakarta vice governor.
"I am ready to accompany Pak Anies (Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan)," the PKS politician told reporters.
Previous Jakarta vice governor Sandiaga Uno stepped down from his position after he was picked as Prabowo Subianto's running mate for the 2019 presidential election. The influential businessman read his resignation letter in front of Jakarta Legislative Council members last month.
Besides Syaikhu, PKS also has proposed Agung Yulianto for the position. On the other hand, Gerindra Party reportedly will name Muhammad Taufik as its candiate.
Indonesia will hold the first ever simultaneous general and presidential elections on April 17. Voters will elect the president and lawmakers on the same day.
The official presidential and vice presidential candidates will be announced by the General Elections Commission (KPU) this afternoon. The campaign period will be held from September 23 until April 13.