- Bogor Mayor Bima Arya to Stay Neutral in Presidential Election
- Jokowi-Maruf Preparing Campaign Surprises
- 2019 Elections Will Still Use Manual Vote Counting: KPU
- Govt to Take Action against Hoaxes ahead of 2019 Elections
- PPP Always Passes Parliamentary Threshold: Party Official
- Presidential Debates May Take Place in Jakarta, Surabaya: KPU
- Anies Urged to Revoke 212 Reunion's Permit
- Presidential Debates Could be Held Outside Jakarta: KPU
- Ma'ruf Eyes Huge Victory in Lampung
- KPU Ready to Prevent Cyber Attacks during Elections
- Muhammadiyah Chairman Rejects Amien's Call to Take Sides in Elections
- Ma'ruf Amin Praises Raja Ampat's Tourism Sector
- Jokowi to Attend Campaign Rally in Lampung
- Army Will Stay Neutral in 2019 Elections:Andika
- New Jakarta Deputy Governor Should Understand Budget Management: PDIP
- Ma'ruf Amin Meets Moeldoko, Discusses Campaign Strategies
- KPU, President Jokowi to Discuss Preparation for 2019 Elections
- I was Offered to Join Prabowo's Campaign Team: Yusril
- PBB May Join Jokowi's Coalition: Ma'ruf
- Jokowi Praises Yusril's Professionalism
- Yusril to Serve as Jokowi-Ma'ruf's Lawyer
- PKS Politician Will Fill Jakarta Deputy Governor Seat: Gerindra
- Gerindra, PKS to Discuss Vacant Jakarta Deputy Governor Position
- PAN to Prepare Taufik Kurniawan's Replacement
- Jokowi is the Main Factor behind Santri Day: Ma'ruf
- 25 Regional Leaders in North Sumatra Will Support Jokowi: PDI Perjuangan
- Ma'ruf Meets Sultan Hamengkubuwono X in Yogyakarta
- 15 Ministers Included in Jokowi's Campaign Team
- Jokowi Welcomes Yenny Wahid's Endorsement
- Fadli Zon Says PKS Will Get Jakarta Vice Governor Position
32 Regional Leaders in East Java Committed to Support Jokowi
PDI Perjuangan Hasto kristiyanto (Photo:Medcom.id/Azhar)
Jakarta: PDI Perjuangan secretary general Hasto Kristiyanto on Thursday said at least 32 regional leaders in East Java province will support incumbent President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo's re-election bid.
"32 of 38 regional leaders in East Java will support President Jokowi," the PDI Perjuangan politician said.
East Java governor-elect Khofifah Indar Parawansa has declared her support for Jokowi's re-election bid. She earlier served as social affairs minister at Jokowi's administration.
East Java is the second most populous province in the country. It is the base of support of Nahdlatul Ulama (NU).
Around seven months before the election, the incumbent has gathered endorsements from PDI Perjuangan, Golkar Party, PKB, PPP, NasDem Party, Hanura Party, Perindo Party, PSI and PKPI. In the meantime, opposition leader Prabowo Subianto received supports from Gerindra Party, Democratic Party, PKS, PAN and Berkarya Party.
Indonesia will hold the first ever simultaneous general and presidential elections on April 17. Voters will elect the president and lawmakers on the same day.