- PPP Ready to Boost Jokowi's Electability in Madura
- Prabowo Opens Gerindra National Conference
- Jokowi Urges to PKB Members to Fight Hoaxes
- KPU to Announce Revised Final Voters List for 2019 Elections
- More Opposition Politicians Will Support Jokowi's Re-election Bid: Campaign Team
- PAN Denies Division over Presidential Election
- Bogor Mayor Bima Arya to Stay Neutral in Presidential Election
- Jokowi-Maruf Preparing Campaign Surprises
- 2019 Elections Will Still Use Manual Vote Counting: KPU
- Govt to Take Action against Hoaxes ahead of 2019 Elections
- PPP Always Passes Parliamentary Threshold: Party Official
- Presidential Debates May Take Place in Jakarta, Surabaya: KPU
- Anies Urged to Revoke 212 Reunion's Permit
- Presidential Debates Could be Held Outside Jakarta: KPU
- Ma'ruf Eyes Huge Victory in Lampung
- KPU Ready to Prevent Cyber Attacks during Elections
- Muhammadiyah Chairman Rejects Amien's Call to Take Sides in Elections
- Ma'ruf Amin Praises Raja Ampat's Tourism Sector
- Jokowi to Attend Campaign Rally in Lampung
- Army Will Stay Neutral in 2019 Elections:Andika
- New Jakarta Deputy Governor Should Understand Budget Management: PDIP
- Ma'ruf Amin Meets Moeldoko, Discusses Campaign Strategies
- KPU, President Jokowi to Discuss Preparation for 2019 Elections
- I was Offered to Join Prabowo's Campaign Team: Yusril
- PBB May Join Jokowi's Coalition: Ma'ruf
- Jokowi Praises Yusril's Professionalism
- Yusril to Serve as Jokowi-Ma'ruf's Lawyer
- PKS Politician Will Fill Jakarta Deputy Governor Seat: Gerindra
- Gerindra, PKS to Discuss Vacant Jakarta Deputy Governor Position
- PAN to Prepare Taufik Kurniawan's Replacement
I was Offered to Join Prabowo's Campaign Team: Yusril
PBB chairman Yusril Ihza Mahendra (Photo:MI Susanto)
Jakarta: Crescent Star Party chairman Yusril Ihza Mahendra was offered to join Prabowo Subianto-Sandiaga Uno's campaign team before he was appointed as Joko "Jokowi" Widodo-Ma'ruf Amin's legal advisor.
"I was offered to join their campaign team but I was not offered to serve as their legal advisor," Yusril told Metro Pagi Primetime on Thursday.
Indonesia will hold the first ever simultaneous general and presidential elections on April 17. Voters will elect the president and lawmakers on the same day.
"Prabowo-Sandi never offered the position. It was different with Jokowi-Ma'ruf," Yusril said.
"I the accepted the offer. That is my stance," he added.
The incumbent has gathered endorsements from PDI Perjuangan, Golkar Party, PKB, PPP, NasDem Party, Hanura Party, Perindo Party, PSI and PKPI. The former jakarta govenor has also picked influential businessman Erick Thohir as his campaign team leader.
"Everybody acknowledges Pak Yusril Ihza Mahendra's professionalism. He is widely known for his professionalism," Jokowi told reporters on Tuesday.