- PPP Ready to Boost Jokowi's Electability in Madura
- Prabowo Opens Gerindra National Conference
- Jokowi Urges to PKB Members to Fight Hoaxes
- KPU to Announce Revised Final Voters List for 2019 Elections
- More Opposition Politicians Will Support Jokowi's Re-election Bid: Campaign Team
- PAN Denies Division over Presidential Election
- Bogor Mayor Bima Arya to Stay Neutral in Presidential Election
- Jokowi-Maruf Preparing Campaign Surprises
- 2019 Elections Will Still Use Manual Vote Counting: KPU
- Govt to Take Action against Hoaxes ahead of 2019 Elections
- PPP Always Passes Parliamentary Threshold: Party Official
- Presidential Debates May Take Place in Jakarta, Surabaya: KPU
- Anies Urged to Revoke 212 Reunion's Permit
- Presidential Debates Could be Held Outside Jakarta: KPU
- Ma'ruf Eyes Huge Victory in Lampung
- KPU Ready to Prevent Cyber Attacks during Elections
- Muhammadiyah Chairman Rejects Amien's Call to Take Sides in Elections
- Ma'ruf Amin Praises Raja Ampat's Tourism Sector
- Jokowi to Attend Campaign Rally in Lampung
- Army Will Stay Neutral in 2019 Elections:Andika
- New Jakarta Deputy Governor Should Understand Budget Management: PDIP
- Ma'ruf Amin Meets Moeldoko, Discusses Campaign Strategies
- KPU, President Jokowi to Discuss Preparation for 2019 Elections
- I was Offered to Join Prabowo's Campaign Team: Yusril
- PBB May Join Jokowi's Coalition: Ma'ruf
- Jokowi Praises Yusril's Professionalism
- Yusril to Serve as Jokowi-Ma'ruf's Lawyer
- PKS Politician Will Fill Jakarta Deputy Governor Seat: Gerindra
- Gerindra, PKS to Discuss Vacant Jakarta Deputy Governor Position
- PAN to Prepare Taufik Kurniawan's Replacement
PBB May Join Jokowi's Coalition: Ma'ruf
Vice presidential candidate Ma'ruf Amin (Photo:Medcom.id/Dheri Agriesta)
Jakarta: Vice presidential candidate Ma'ruf Amin believes that the Crescent Star Party (PBB) could join President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo's coalition after the incumbent recruited PBB chairman Yusril Ihza Mahendra to serve as his legal advisor.
"Yusril is PBB chairman. He is influential," the Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) cleric told reporters on Wednesday.
"We have recruited Yusril. We have to wait and see," he added.
The incumbent had collected endorsements from PDI Perjuangan, Golkar Party, PKB, PPP, NasDem Party, Hanura Party, Perindo Party, PSI and PKPI. The former jakarta govenor had also picked influential businessman Erick Thohir as his campaign team leader.
Indonesia will hold the first ever simultaneous general and presidential elections on April 17. Voters will elect the president and lawmakers on the same day.
"Everybody acknowledges Pak Yusril Ihza Mahendra's professionalism. He is widely known for his professionalism," Jokowi told reporters on Tuesday.